Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Few questions about the recording

Level 1

Hi,

I'm intersting in adding recording/playback option to my webcam application and i have few questions regarding the recording functionality:

1. My webcam app is using P2P connection, will the recording stop my P2P?

2. Will the recording create some latency in the audio/video?

3. can i change the quality of the recording?

4. is there away to encrypt the archived zip file?

Thanks,

Tzahi

1 Reply

Employee

1) yes, currently recording is always hub&spoke (and we don't have a real plan to support recording with p2p since it would require a substantial amount of changes in the server-side application)

2) no, recording is independent from streaming

3) no - I believe recordings are stored at the quality they are streamed. In theory you could re-encode audio and video stream to a lower quality for playback and repackage the zip file (assuming re-encoding the stream doesn't change the internal timestamps)

4) currently not. We are simply using the "zip" command (on *nix) to archive the files so in theory we could add the password/encryption option but that would require for you to store the required password on our servers and for us to pass it on the command-line making the process not very secure anyway.

Any specific reason to keep your archives on your servers encrypted ?