Expand my Community achievements bar.

Failed to load TemplateStream when called from API, but OK in Workbench

Level 6

I am getting a "Failed to load TemplateStream for FormQuery" error when I invoke a simple process using the Java API.  When I invoke the same process from WorkBench it's fine.  I am using the FormsService in ES 8.2 turnkey installation.  The operation is "renderPDFForm".  Content Root URI is set to repository:// and Form to Render is set to /CANS_ASP/CANS_ASP.pdf, which is in the repository.  Why would this work when invoked by way of right clicking in WorkBench, but not work when the process is invoked by the Java API?

Here's the whole error:

2009-08-25 20:31:23,109 ERROR [com.adobe.workflow.AWS] An exception was thrown with name com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.RenderFormException message:Failed to load TemplateStream for FormQuery=/CANS_ASP/CANS_ASP.pdf from location URI =repository://. while invoking service FormsService and operation renderPDFForm and no fault routes were found to be configured.

Thanks.

Jared

2 Replies

Level 6

This problem is not solved, but I have a workaround.  I have gotten it working by avoiding the repository and specifying the form location from the file system.  This works:

Content Root URI: file:///C:\\

Form to Render: CANS_ASP.pdf

In case it wasn't clear, I'm not using a FormServiceClient object.  I'm invoking an orchestration using a ServiceClient.  The Content Root URI and Form To Render are specified in the properties of my renderPDFForm component in Workbench.  I'm able to move ahead with development using this workaround for now, but the question remains about why repository:// does not work when my orchestration is invoked using the Java API but it works fine when tested from WorkBench.

Jared Langdon