Expand my Community achievements bar.

Complex Hierarchical Object Storage

Employee

I've been attempting to use the ComplexObject demo to store/retrieve/update a hierarchical object.

While the complex object part of the demo is working fine, any attempt to store a hierarchical object fail. They appear to get published, but casting the event.item.body back to the original class fails with the result being a null object.

Does AFCS support hierarchal complex data, or have I made a misteak somewhere??

I've attached the source.

Thanks

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Hi Bob,

It should work, within some reasonable limitations :

1. No circular references

2. You have to MessageItem.registerBodyClass any complex objects within the hierarchical object, as well as the object itself (if it's a typed class)

3. For reasons that are still unclear to me, we can only serialize/deserialize classes with no required constructor args.

What kind of object are you trying to serialize? I'm still waiting for the 1MB attachment (can you send a smaller snippet of code?).

nigel

Employee

I didn't see a "no required constructor args" warning, the main class has 2.

I'll do a quick check on that.

Thanks

Employee

Works like a champ!

Thank you!

Bob

Former Community Member

Cool - I love problems with quick answers =).

(Just to fully exonerate us, it's the Flash Player that can't handle required arguments in the constructor. I suppose this makes sense, since as it's deserializing your class from a binary blob, where would it find those args?).

nigel

Employee

When you mentioned it in your post I had one of those, "<slap>I could have had a V-8!</slap>" moments...

It all makes sense, especially the limitation on no required constructor arguments. When writing the class, my mind was a zillion miles from that thought.

Thanks again!