Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

expanding 'static' table or row

Level 3

I have a form in a 'table' format with the columns in subforms. One of the columns has text fields that are set to expand to fit as they are filled with text. The other subforms have simple text but with a colour background. What I want these to do is expand in line with the expanding text field column so the 'row' looks correct across the page. I also want the colour backgrounds to expand.

Not sure if this is possible (or if I'm making sense). Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you use the Table object, each cell would expand to match the row height automatically.

If you are usign subforms, can you apply the colour to the subform fill and not the fill of individual objects?

Otherwise you will need a script in the exit event of each field, making the height of other fields in the subform the same height as the largest field. I thought I had a script, but can't find it at the moment.

Niall

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

If you use the Table object, each cell would expand to match the row height automatically.

If you are usign subforms, can you apply the colour to the subform fill and not the fill of individual objects?

Otherwise you will need a script in the exit event of each field, making the height of other fields in the subform the same height as the largest field. I thought I had a script, but can't find it at the moment.

Niall