Expand my Community achievements bar.

Expand to Fit

Level 4

I keep getting warnings  "Limit to visible area is ignored on fields set to expand to fit."   But the Expand to Fit boxes for both width (X) and height (Y) are NOT checked, and so I don't understand why I keep being bombarded by this error.  The errors are displayed for fields that I have checked  "Limit to Visible Area."

I understand there is a way to fix problems via a form's XML instead if Designer's GUI is problemmatic.  How do I get to that XML?  Thanks.

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I do not recommend modifying the XML directly. If you send the file to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look. Please describe the issue

in the email.

Paul

Level 2

I'm getting this error message too with the new version of LiveCycle designer v9.0 and am wondering if there was a solution to this problem.

I created a simple table 1 colum and 4 rows. I set the rows as text fields with limit to visible area and although expand to fit is not checked, I get the same error.

Any help is appreciated.

Former Community Member

The other person never sent the form so I coudl never got a good look at the problem ...if you want to send yours to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I will have a look. Make sure you describe the issue that you are having in the email.

Paul

Level 2

IS the solution something you could share? I have a table, no cells or rows are set to Auto-fit, but the netire table is, and it is grayed out so I cannot deselect it. And yes, I keep getting the override warning.