Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

ES2 Course VM on Windows server 2008

Level 2

Hi All

Last week I spent some time preparing an LCPM course VM using the TTACD setup instructions with one difference: I used Windows 2008 instead of 2003. I haven't yet had time to fully investigate the problem, but it seems that the Sun One directory software is not supported on Windows 2008. If anybody has already solved this problem, please post your comments here, otherwise I'll investigate and post the solution (probably in a week or 2)

Cheers

Greg

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Greg

As far as I know, Windows 2008 is not a supported platform for SunONE 5.2.  I do not know of any workarounds at this time.

Regards

Steve

Level 2

Just some feedback regarding my experiences with Win 2008:

For the LCPM course VM I created the domain and users in LC directly (no LDAP) and this went down fairly well, but did require a small workaround in the exercise of lesson 7. I haven't yet had time to build a proper LDAP-enabled VM.

For the LCDO course VM I ran into some other issues related to PDF Generator. In particular it related to the UAC feature in new Windows versions, but I also noted an issue with the PDFG Readiness testing tool. After resolving both issues I documented my experiences in the hope of preventing other people from spending a saturday afternoon at the office. You can find my notes at http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/enterprise-modeling/getting-livecycle-pdf-generator-working-on-windows-2...

Enough work for now, the game between England and South Africa is starting in 10 minutes...