Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Enter Key on Exit to Next Field

Former Community Member

I've insterted the following script (JavaScript) into the exit function of a few fields to move to the next field after hitting ENTER:

xfa.host.setFocus("Co-Applicant");

I've matched the flow to the tabbing order.

When I preview the form in Designer or open in Reader or Acrobat, this is what I do:

Select field 1 and enter text, press ENTER, move to next field, enter text, press ENTER, move to next field...

It all works fine until I want to go back to a previous field and fix a value or enter a value in a blank field. When I shift-TAB or click a previous field with the "exit" script, it moves through all of the fields and ends up on the last field in the page with the scirpt, like it skips everything.

Then I get these errors:

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

R6025

- pure virtual function call"

Then Reader force quits.

Any ideas???

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is no key to stop a loop .....I am only speculating that there is a loop. Perhaps if you coudl describe what you are trying to accomplish we could make other suggestions....also if you want to send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I coudl have a look to see what is happening.

paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Do you have code on the Enter as well? It sounds like you have created an infinite loop where the exit event causes the cursor to move to another field, but then the Enter of that field causes it to move somewhere else and its exit event causes another move etc ....

Paul

Former Community Member

No, I do not have a script on Enter. What do you think would be an acceptable script to stop the loop?

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

There is no key to stop a loop .....I am only speculating that there is a loop. Perhaps if you coudl describe what you are trying to accomplish we could make other suggestions....also if you want to send the form to LiveCycle8@gmail.com I coudl have a look to see what is happening.

paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----