Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

enable and disable a group of check box by checked and unchecked a check box

Level 3

hi,

i have a livecycle form. i want to enable and disable a group of check box by checked and unchecked a check box. can u pls help me?

thanks

Ali

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please ensure to follow the steps specified...

Create a script object to create the function toggleAccess

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 (How to create a script object)

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 (How to reference a script object in PDF forms)

You can download the form you sent me here with the script object implemented as explained :

936968a098afc8ab320334a2c0ab4c73.pdf - Google Drive

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

you can enable or disable a field with the property access.

If you want to disable a field, use

If you want to enable a field, use

Level 3

hi,

thanks a lot for ur response. i want active and inactive a group oc check box or a table by check and unchecked same chack box. i mean if i clicked group of check box or table will inactive/off and if unclicked  then active check box or table. as example there is a check box called "checkbox1" and there is a table clalled "table". i want inactive and active by check and unchecked. pls give me a java code.

thanks

Ali

Level 10

To do this, you need a script object, the script object will hold a function which you can call from anywhere in the form.

The function needs 2 parameters :

1. The subform / table, the object that will hold all the fields that you want to change active / inactive

2. True or false, true if you want to set the fields inactive, false if you want to set the fields active

After creating the script object, insert this function inside of it, in my case the script object's name is objAccess

in the checkbox event change, you can enter this script :

Hope this will help

Level 3

hi,

i have tried second one but it is not working. can u pls see attached link file and let me know where is problem?

Dropbox - Untitled1.pdf

thanks

Ali

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please ensure to follow the steps specified...

Create a script object to create the function toggleAccess

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 (How to create a script object)

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2 (How to reference a script object in PDF forms)

You can download the form you sent me here with the script object implemented as explained :

936968a098afc8ab320334a2c0ab4c73.pdf - Google Drive