Expand my Community achievements bar.

Embedding Fonts using FormsServices

Level 2

Hi all,

I have made the fonts available on the fonts directory of LiveCycle Server at /opt/adobe.

I have configured this location on the Core Configurations of Adobe LiveCycle on the Customer Fonts Directory as well.

I have marked all the fonts that I have made available onto the Forms and Output Service Configurations to Embed.

The issue is I am not getting the fonts embedded on the PDF. Do I need to change the XCI format too to accomplish this?

I read it in this post about the XCI formatting --> http://forums.adobe.com/message/1363781#1363781

Cheers

Mahesh Krishnan

4 Replies

Level 8

The fonts are embeddable correct?

Level 2

Yes Steve. The fonts are embeddable as I see the same fonts embedded in a DOC1 PDF which we are replacing.

Another observation that I had is, if I am saving the XDP as PDF using designer, I see the fonts embedded but this is not going to solve the problem as I need to use the FormsServices to prefill the XDP and get a PDF as a result.

Cheers

Mahesh Krishnan

Level 2

Can you also let me know where the XCI file is located so that I can change the settings there for Embedd option?

I am not finding the file in the location "com/adobe/formServer/PA/pa.xci".

Cheers

Mahesh Krishnan

Level 2

I saved the form as Dynamic XML Form (.PDF) and used it as an input for FormsService. This solved my font embedding issues.