Expand my Community achievements bar.

Emailing form

Level 1

I've used LiveCycle Designer ES to create a membership form which needs to be emailed...but I need to be able to email the form itself, not just the data. Is that possible? If not,how is the recipient supposed to view the data in any format that makes sense? The instructions on the email say that Adobe can process the data by importing it into a blank form...but how?? I've searched through the Help file, and can't find anything.

Second question: for people who DON"T use Eudora, Outlook, or Mail (in other words, all those gazillions of folks who use Yahoo or Google mail or Hotmail), is there any way they don't have to go through the hassle of saving the form and returning it manually?? This creates an extra layer of work for recipents--by having an online form, we're trying to makes things easier, not harder!

2 Replies

Former Community Member

Yes you can email the completed PDF but you will need to do a couple of things. Do not use the email submit button in the Custom library. This is set up to send a datafile. Use a regular button and set it to be a submit button. Once you make it a submit button a new Tab called Submit will appear. On that tab you can use the mailto commands to set up the address and any prts of the email that you want (simply type mailto into a search engine and you will get plenty of hits describing the command). In the Submit As dropdown choose PDF. Your form is almost ready to go.

By default Reader will not submit a PDF. We have to enable the right to do this. Open the finished form in Acrobat Pro. Under the Advanced Menu choose Enhance Features in Adobe Reader. Follow the wizard and save the file when complete. This operation will enable Reader to submit completed PDFs. You can now distribute the form. By license you are limited to distribute that form to 500 unique addresses.

Lastly integration to mail clients is done through an exposed API. The mail solutions you speak of (google, hotmail, yahoo) do not have a mail client . They are web pages and as such do not have an api to interface with hence we are forced to send it in as attachments.

Paul

Level 1

Thank you SOOOO much, Paul! It worked absolutely

perfectly! BTW, I'm totally awestruck at the

incredible level of Adobe's customer service:

this is the 3rd time I've sent out a question to

the forum about something I couldn't figure out,

and every time, someone has responded to me

within a day! I truly appreciate it.

Joan