Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Emailing - a couple questions

Level 1

1.  Is there a way to email a complete pdf without opening a mail client?  I have tested a couple things and they all open the mail client, and the users who would be using this particular form would be mostly on a webmail (OWA) platform.

2.  Is it possible to email only a part of a form?   Obviously not looking for a complete pdf on this one.  I need to be able to copy and paste some of the data on a form into an excel spreadsheet.  Hoping there is a way to easily do that by just getting what I need emailed, without the rest of the form.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

There are a couple of things to bear in mind:

1: The submit by email will try and hand over the submission to the email client. If the user clicks that they are using a web based client, then the message will just inform them to save the form locally and then manually attach it to the web based email.  I don't think you can get around this, as I am fairly sure you cannot get the form to talk to a web based email client.

A possible solution would be to drop the submit by email button and go for instructions to tell the user how to save locally and attach to an email.

If the users have Reader, then the form would need to be Reader enabled to allow the user to save the form.

2: Where you only need some of the data returned, you could set the binding on these fields to Name/Normal (see Object > Binding palette). Then the remainder of the fields would be set to None. This means that all data saved in the PDF would be returned, but when you export the data to an XML file, only the bound data would be exported.

It is a tricky one.

Niall

Assure Dynamics