Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Email - CC

Level 3

I currently using the following script to email a complete form

RealEmail.event__click.submit.target

= "mailto: Sandy.?????@??????.Com,Jerry.????@?????.com," + SalesPersonList.rawValue + "?subject=Manual Takeoff Bid Request - " + JobName.rawValue;

I would like the variable SalesPersonList.rawValue to go on the CC line....I've tried a few variations with no luck. I'm sure it's very simple.

Thanks,

-pc

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The mailto follows a standard, that I looked up before, but can't remember where.

The cc format is "&cc", so I find that you need to have this at the end of the mailto string:

RealEmail.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:Sandy.Sherman@??????.com," + SalesPersonList.rawValue + "?subject=Manual Takeoff Bid Request - " + JobName.rawValue + "&cc=Jerry.Testa@?????.com";

Because I have copied and pasted your script (with Jive trouble), you may need to check syntax.

Good luck,

Niall

PS: I have some examples here: http://assure.ly/g9di4N.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi,

The mailto follows a standard, that I looked up before, but can't remember where.

The cc format is "&cc", so I find that you need to have this at the end of the mailto string:

RealEmail.event__click.submit.target = "mailto:Sandy.Sherman@??????.com," + SalesPersonList.rawValue + "?subject=Manual Takeoff Bid Request - " + JobName.rawValue + "&cc=Jerry.Testa@?????.com";

Because I have copied and pasted your script (with Jive trouble), you may need to check syntax.

Good luck,

Niall

PS: I have some examples here: http://assure.ly/g9di4N.

Level 3

Opps - A little premature on the correct answer....

I used what you supplied and it worked fine however I want to CC to the variable SalesPersonList.rawValue

So now it's looking like this below...It has to be close but I'm missing somthing

"mailto:Sandy.Sherman@?????.com,Jerry.Testa@?????.com"

+ "?subject=Manual Takeoff Bid Request - " + JobName.rawValue + &cc=SalesPersonList.rawValue;

-pc

Level 10

Hi,

The cc needs to be in quotations, followed by the plus and object rawValue.

"mailto:Sandy.Sherman@?????.com,Jerry.Testa@?????.com" + "?subject=Manual Takeoff Bid Request - " + JobName.rawValue + "&cc=" + SalesPersonList.rawValue;

That should work.

Niall