Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamically Repeating Text

Former Community Member

On the Master Slide I have a generic "Name" Field.

When a person, on the first page, populates the field; I want that information to flow across ALL PAGES created, the same way populating a "Header" in Office-Word would populate.

Any ideas?

I'm new to this & I've look through both Google and Help, but I'm affraid I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

-misteralexander.

4 Replies

Level 10

Place the TextField that you wanted to repeat in the "Master Pages" tab.

Design the rest of the form in the "Design View" tab.

Thanks

Srini

Former Community Member

I've already done that, the text field IS on the Master Slide.  Each successive page has the field:

Full Name: _________________

Date: ________________

Class: ________________

Assignment: _________________

What I'm wanting, is in the distributed PDF itself, for the person to (on the first page) fill out that information & have it auto propigate on the successive pages.  As it sits right now, they'd have to re-input that information EVERY time they go to a new page.  As it is right now, it's about 50-pages & they all have that text box . . . I just want them to fill it out once & have it "Auto-Magically" fill itself in on the other 49-pages.

I hope I'm making sense.

-Misteralexander

Former Community Member

I read another post that had mentioned changing the "Binding" for that named field on the master slide to "Global" instead of the default "Normal".

That did EXACTLY what I wanted it to do.

-misteralexander.

Level 10

You can do both ways.. The difference is if you place the fields in the master page, you can only have fields at one place for all the pages in the form..

But you use Global binding when you have same fields in all the 50 + pages in your form and you want to display the same info..Means you need to place the same fields in every page of your document.

To the end user, it does not make a difference when they view form but consider the size of the form when you have same fields repeated in 50 + pages versus having one time in Master page.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Srini