Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Tables Overlapping

Level 1

Hi,

I'm working on a lengthy multi page form and I've gone back and made some of the tables grow dynamically. The only problem is I can't figure out a way to re-format the form dynamically so that the tables don't overlap with the rest of the form. I just want extra space inserted, have everything moves down if the tables grow. Can anyone please help? Thank you

5 Replies

Level 4

Without seeing the file, it may be difficult to diagnosis.

However, the general scheme should be:

Wrap the dynamic table in a subform. Set the subform to flowed.

Then, you want to set the parent object, typically the page, to flowed.

That said, changing any object from positioned to flowed may produce unintended formatting consequences. As a rule, I generally wrap all other elements that appear before and after the dynamic table on the same page in subforms and set the object subform property to positioned. Save your form after every action. Then, if formatting goes awry after moving from positioned to flowed, you can simply close and re-open the file.

Good luck.

Level 1

Thanks, that was very helpful. You're right about the unintended formatting consequences, wow! there was a bunch of them. There's only one problem left I'm unable to resolve, when one of the tables pushes everything down, it creates a blank page below it rather than having the page break. Any idea why this is happening, how to resolve it? 

Level 4

The problem you describe relates to how LiveCycle deals with page breaks, and there our countless options.

I would begin by looking at the flowed subform. You will likely have to play with the settings. First, in the Object tab, do you have the expandable object checked to allow page breaks within Content? Similarly, you will have to look at page breaks in the parent object. Then go into Preview Mode and fill out the expandable parts of the form to see if it page breaks the way you want it to. If working fine, great. If not, you then need to go to Pagination tab. Place: should typically read "Following Previous" and After: should read "Continue Filling Parent."

It sounds as if one of your flowed objects may be set to "Go to Top of Page" which may force a blank page.

Otherwise, just post the form and I can fix that.

Level 1

Thanks for the assistance latenightNC I really appreciate it. How do I post the form? I don't see an option to add attachment.

Level 4

You actually cannot anymore. Most people use dropbox or similar file share program.