Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Dynamic Table Doesn't Continue to Next Page

Level 1

Hi,

I am new to LiveCycle and am having trouble with a dynamic table form (one that adds rows with a button). It won't continue onto a second page, it only keeps adding the rows onto and off of the bottom of the page. I think that I am doing everything in the Help section of LiveCycle. I have the following settings:

• The subform that the table is in is set to "flowed".
  • The table and the row have the "Allow page breaks within Content" box checked.

But, for the pagination tab of the table, all the postings and the LiveCycle Help say to choose "Go to Content Area-Page2 Content Area" in the Overflow drop-down.  I don't see that choice, I only see "Go to Content Area-(Untitled Content Area)" or "Go to Page-page1".

Can anyone help? I have attached the file if anyone has time to look at it.

Thanks,

Chrissy

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The root subform of the form must be flowed as well. I wrapped everything above the table in a subform (otherwise when I made the root subform flowed it woudl place everything left justified. Then I made the root flowed and voila ...now it works.See the modifed sample.

Paul

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The root subform of the form must be flowed as well. I wrapped everything above the table in a subform (otherwise when I made the root subform flowed it woudl place everything left justified. Then I made the root flowed and voila ...now it works.See the modifed sample.

Paul

Level 1

Got it- I had another form with a similar problem and now it works too. Thanks Paul!

Chrissy

Former Community Member

Put focus on the button. Now go to the script editor (usually right above the form). If it is not visible goto the Window/Script Editor menu and enable it (you may have to resize the editor to get more real estate to do things). Now you can choose an event to put your code on (top left of the editor), and a language (top right). For a button use the click event and use Javascript for the language. Now simply enter the code that you want. If you right click you can turn on line numbers (this might make it easier to see where you are. When you look at the event dropdown - if there is code behind an evnt it will be designated with an *.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Thanks for that.

When do you select what lelmets or objects to include to get generated when the button is clicked?

Former Community Member

The commands will reference objects .....to add a subform you will use the instanceManager.addInstance() method on the subform object that is repeating and for deleting you will use the instanceManager.deleteInstance() to remove an instance.Make sure you look up thise command as there are parametrs that can be passed to better control which instance to remove etc,....

Paul

Level 2

I hate to bother you again but I am really new to Designer and I have no XML background. Is the XML source the instance manager? The reason I ask is I see no instance manager anywhere. I am using Designer  ES.

Former Community Member

The instance Manager is a method of an object. You access it through script.

Paul

Level 2

Ok so I need to know java to do this. No GUI way to acheive this.

Thanks this might be beyond my capabilities.

Former Community Member

Javascript not Java and yes that is the only way at this time.

Paul

Level 2

Quick question before I give up on this. Can I only add tables in this manner. I am trying a simple file right now untill I understand how to do it. I create a file that contains a button (which will be used for adding an extra drop down list) and a drop down list. I did not include a second button to remove the section.

I then select the button and in the Script window add the:

// Invoke the Instance Manager to add one instance of the detail subform.

subform1._DropDownList1.addInstance(1);

//Invoke the recalculate method to include the field values from the added row in calculations.
xfa.form.recalculate(1);

So my subform is called "subform1" while my element I want to duplicate with the button is called "DropDownList1"

At this point I get confused and not sure what I need to do.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----