Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic Images

Level 2

It seems like in an update a few years ago, adobe disabled dynamically changing the href property of an image.

I have played with the base64 encoding an putting it directly into an images "value.image.value" property, but the images need to be embedded before the form is rendered for you to get the base64 imformation. I havent figured out how to get an image from the internet and convert it to base64 while the form is running.

Has anyone figured out a work around for changing an image dynamically? Does anyone know how to convert a image on the internet into base64 encoding live while the form is running? Even a trusted function would be acceptable.

Thanks!

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

I'm not sure this can be done.  The problem seems to be a bug in the handling of binary data, as described here, http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/2009/08/base64_encode_a_pdf_attachment.html.  So, although you could use the formcalc get function to retrieve an image I don't think you can convert it to base 64 to be loaded into the image field.

If your images were already base 64 encoded on the server then it shouldn't be a problem.

Regards

Bruce