Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Dynamic Hyperlinks

Level 4

Hey everyone,

I'm having difficulties creating dynamic hyperlinks in Livecycle designer. The form that I made is supposed to link to all other files in the same directory. I have made a script that generates an XML document containing names/paths of all files in a folder... I then import that data into my form. I have tried several things to allow links to this data:

1) xfa.host.gotoURL() on the Click event

I have used this method with limited success... This method seems to work for linking to other .pdf files only... any other file type (i.e. .wav files) causes a "nothing done - unknown format" error to appear.

2) app.launchURL();

I could not get this javascript to work at all.

3) Manually adding hyperlinks to static text.

This method tries to open all fies in the same window as the form... so nothing but web pages an .pdf forms can be opened this way.

3) using field.value.exData.loadXML() to load an <a href=""> into a rich-text enabled field.

This method looks to work, but the blue underlined link doesn't have any action associated to it. Even copying a hyperlink in made word then pasteing it into a field doesn't seem to work

So my question is; how can I, at runtime, create a hyperlink to a media file (i.e. .wav, .mp3, etc)

Thanks for your help.

- Scott

1 Reply

Level 4

Alright, here's a bit of an update...

I've tried every method that I could think of to create a hyperlink to a .wav file in a .pdf file. Nothing seems to work.

I've come across a .pdf file that states:

The issue is that they don't state how. So my new question is, does anyone know how to create a button that can play a sound?

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer.

- Scott