Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dynamic content at master page

Level 1

I have a very dynamic form that´s displaying content of an xml file. The structure of the xml looks something like this:

<multiorder>

<order>

<orderid>1111</orderid>

</order>

<order>

<orderid>2222</orderid>

</order>

<order>

<orderid>3333</orderid>

</order>

</mulitorder>

Depending on the content of the order tag each order is rendered into 1 to 4 pages. I want to display the orderid of each order at the bottom of each page.

E.g.:

Order 1111 is rendered into 2 pages (Page 1 and Page 2), Order 2222 is rendered into 1 Page (Page 3) and Order 3333 is rendered into 4 pages (Page 4 ... Page7)

Now Page 1 and 2 should display the orderid "1111" at the bottom, Page 3 the orderid "2222" and Page 4..7 the orderid "3333".

I thought I could achieve this by using a calculated textfield at the master page and extract the orderid of the current order in the calculation script. But the generated pdf displays the first orderid at all pages.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Helmut

2 Replies

Level 1

there are no replies yet. Is this really not possible?

Level 10

Hi,

I think that the behaviour you are looking for will be very tricky to achieve.

If you place an object on the Master Page, you will be able to check the object on each page to see which instance of the Master Page it is on. However I think that it will be difficult to tie this to the repeating order number.

You could try and overflow trailer (see the Object > Pagination palette), however I am not sure if you will get this working satisfactorily for a repeating object. It might be worth a try.

Good luck,

Niall