Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

DW CS5 Widget & MyWidget & Presets Workflow

Level 1

Recently moved form DW CS3 to CS5

Some questions about widget configuration & workflow in DW CS5.

In the widget browser I have saved widgets to MyWidgets.  I have configured the widgets with my own presets using the config interface form offered in the widget browser and saved my custom preset under a new name.

It appears the presets for Mywidgets & presets are saved (at least in XP) in profile/'myName'/application data/Adobe/WidgetBrowser/....

So be sure to back up this data!

Now in DW CS5 if I insert a widget with my preset from MyWidgets into my web page, the widget's necessary files (javascript, CSS, ...) are copied to my web site space.  My inserted widget is now totally separate from MyWidgets. Any further customization of MyWidget preset in the widget browseer will have NO affect on the widget already inseted into my web site.

Am I correct up to here?

My main questions are ....

• Now if I want to further customize the inserted widget, I now have to do it totally via manual CSS changes. There is no configuration interface as I have in the Widget Browser I used to create my custom preset?????
  • And, any further customization of MyWidget preset in the Widget Browser will have NO affect on the widget already inseted into my web site.
  • Any re-inserting (replacing) myWidget & a custom preset will replace the previously inserted widget files and wipe out any widget CSS customization I have done.  So to avoid this, all customization has to be done via CSS changes on th CSS files in my web site space.

Am I close???

Thanks

0 Replies