Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Dropdown SubForm Question

Former Community Member

Is it possible for a dropdown menu to load/change an entire form based on the selection of the dropdown menu. For example, at the top of my form I will have a dropdown menu with choices (1,2,3,4). Depending on what you select, each choice will load another form. So if I choose choice 1, a certain form would load, if i choose choice 2 a different form would load, and so on....  Also, Is it possible to have this same dropdown menu appear and stay on all 4 forms, so only everything below it would be different? Let me know if my example is not clear, and any help on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Basically I would like a dropdown menu at the top, that loads 4 separate sub-forms depending on which choice the user chooses. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Problem is Copied Page1 under sub1 having hight of 11 inch. so make it as auto fit under layout tab so it will start from very next line of the drop down.

if it has more hight also it will page break automatically. find the attached updated form.

NOTE: do not copy master pages in to pages (from ur form i removed unused master page)

RAGHU.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 6

Define a dropdown list with those choises and add the subforms in the same page.

make all subforms are hidden (exclude from layout) option.

Make the page has flow lyout and save the pdf as dynamic pdf.

Then write java script for each value of the drop down on change event to show the specified subform and hide other subforms.

Please find the attached sample. java script code on change event of the drop down list.

RAGHU.

Former Community Member

Thanks Raghu, works great!!. One slight problem however. When i choose a certain option from the master dropdown menu, the subforms load on a separate page. Is there any way to have it load on the same page? Perhaps a command or tag I should look for in the XML code? Thanks!

Former Community Member

I have attached an example of my problem. Please note how subform 2,3,4 all load on the same page. However, subform 1 loads on a separate page. Please help on how to get subform 1 to load on the same page.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Problem is Copied Page1 under sub1 having hight of 11 inch. so make it as auto fit under layout tab so it will start from very next line of the drop down.

if it has more hight also it will page break automatically. find the attached updated form.

NOTE: do not copy master pages in to pages (from ur form i removed unused master page)

RAGHU.

Former Community Member

Thanks again Raghu, you have been a great help. Everything works fine, I'll let you know If I encounter any other problems. Thanks again, you did a great job

Former Community Member

One More quick question. I am trying to figure out what you deleted/changed from my orginal example so I can apply it to future examples. Raghu, can you explain what line or where/how you were able to fix the loading on a separate page problem. I was able to see how you deleted my unused master page, but I cannot find where you changed my code to allow it to autofit and load on the same page. Please explain where/what line in the code you were able to do this. Thanks!!

Level 6

Please find the attached screen print for the same.

RAGHU.

Former Community Member

Once again, you have been a big help. Thanks again !!