Expand my Community achievements bar.

Drop Down Menu Opening another File Script

Former Community Member

I am using a drop down menu to generate other information in different selection. I received great help before but have encountered another problem.

I have attached a example file.

Once the user has selected the offense title and it generates the above information, I

was wondering if you can script it to open another adobe form contained in the script i'm already using.. For example when

user selects the Abandon Endanger child criminal negligence, (I already made this complaint

in adobe) it would open the file.

1 Reply

Level 4

not 100% sure if your after a hidden subform to show up after a certain selection is made or if you want the user taken to a totally different form

e.g. click option 4 and get a new document opened in you face - im guessing the second option in whihc case I think you should be able to do this by using the app.openDoc("examplename.pdf") command

not one ive used myself but it should work much the same as the app.launchURL command which is usually quite stable

so you would have some code on your preferred event

to say something like

if (this.rawValue = "whatever value you want to trigger action";

app.openDoc("examplename.pdf")

alternatively if you other form is also online you could probably trigger it using the app.launchURL function - although the app.openDoc is meant to be the appropriate function for this type of thing

hope that helps - if not just clarify what your after and well try again!

cheers