Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Assigning Multiple tasks in process dynamically

Former Community Member

Hello,

Please help me out in solving following problem

Scenario:

Step 1: Query the DB get all the Products (Multiple rows).

Step 2: For each Product merge the product information to a template, rendering it as PDF and Assigning it to a user(Assign Task Activity)

With out waiting for the user action i would like to repeat step 2 so that i can assign all product information as different task dynamically

Can any one please help meto achieve this?(PFA Process Design diagram)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Rao

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is more tricky than it sounds.

You could use a gateway with one branch that goes to the User step and another branch that goes straight to the end of the gateway and set the gateway to No Wait.

Then, from the end of the gateway object loop back to the start of the gateway so that it assigns it to the next person.

In the next version of LiveCycle, you should be able to use the Mutli User Task operation to assign a task to multiple users in parallel.

Jasmin

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

This is more tricky than it sounds.

You could use a gateway with one branch that goes to the User step and another branch that goes straight to the end of the gateway and set the gateway to No Wait.

Then, from the end of the gateway object loop back to the start of the gateway so that it assigns it to the next person.

In the next version of LiveCycle, you should be able to use the Mutli User Task operation to assign a task to multiple users in parallel.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Thanks Jasmin for the quick reply.

It worked ...