Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don't want the background to print

Level 1

Hi all,

So a customer came in and wanted me to give her some fillable text boxes in a certain spot on a 8.5x11 sheet so she can just go in and fill in the info and then put her forms in and it will print on them, so she doesn't have to use a typewriter.  I went ahead and just put the text fields in where she needs them, but it is on a blank 8.5x11 and what I would like to do is scan the form, put the text boxes in (so she can see what she is typing) and then have it so when she prints the background doesn't print.

If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I think that you have brought the background into the form as an image. If that is correct, then when you select the image object you can go to the Object > Field palette and sets its presence to "Visible (Screen only)".

If you have an electronic version of the existing form you might be able to export is an an image file and then use this as the background.

If this option is not available to you or your users are using an much earlier version of Acrobat/Reader then there is a script option. But see how you get on with the first option.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 1

Hi Niall,

Thank you for your response.

I believe I tried to import it as a image, but I could not get the image to fit on the entire 8.5x11 sheet, so I imported it as a pdf and from there I could not get it to not print the background. If you happen to know how, please let me know. If not, I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Melissa

Level 10

I am out of office, but I would go back to using the image (eg JPG) of the previous form.

Then in LC Designer go to the Master Page. There you can drag in an IMAGE object (not an ImageField). You can resize this to the full page (on the Master Page).

Previous advice stands. There is a form on the website that explains Master Pages.

Niall