Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document properties

Level 4

Hi

I am creating a form in Livecycle and then when viewing in Acrobat Pro the document properties options are all greyed out.  This is frustrating as I have not been able to set the document to open in full view and add metadata there.  I am sure that I have had this working before as one of my documents does open in full view.  I have now tried a few other livecyle examsples and getting the same problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Darren

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Darren,

You can set the metadata in LC via the File / Form Properties / Info tab.

If you put this javascript in a docReady event of a field in the form it should open at fit to page:

app.execMenuItem("FitPage");

Good luck,

Niall

Level 4

Hi Niall

So are you saying that you cannot set the document properties of a LiveCycle

designed PDF in Acrobat then? I have just looked over one of the PDFs that

I recently did in LIveCYcle and I have the full screen option ticked in

Acrobat Pro but is now greyed out so I cannot alter.

I am therefore a little confused about this.

Thanks

Darren

Level 10

Hi Darren,

XFA forms developed in LC are completely different animals compared to AcroForms (Acrobat forms) or normal PDF documents.

The XFA form is "wrapped" in a PDF package so that Acrobat can open it. A lot of the normal Acrobat functionality is not available in an XFA form. For example you can add comments, insert video, or change the properties. Have a quick scan of the menu items in a LC form that is opened in Acrobat.

You could change the default magnification setting in the Acrobat preferences and that should apply to your LC forms when opened.

That's the best way I can explain it. Other than the previous post I do not know of any other work around. Someone else may have a better solution.

Good luck,

Niall