Expand my Community achievements bar.

Distribution troubles...

Level 1

I have only just started using Live Cycle, so hopefully there is a simple solution to my problem, basically i have made my form, tested the pdf etc and all is well, but now i need to distribute it to determine where the information is collected. All of the help topics say to just go to File>Distribute Form, or use the icon on the toolbar, however on my screen the options for distribution are greyed out and unavailable.

Could this have anything to do with the version i am using being a trial? I am not keen on purchasing the full program until i know that it can do all i need it to do!

does anyone have any suggestions?

6 Replies

Former Community Member

Are you "distributing" from Designer or the PDF viewer (Acrobat/Reader)? If you are doing this from Designer my guess is that it does not see the PDF viewer on your desktop (hence you do not see the Preview tab either). You should be able to open your form in the viewer and distribute from there.

Paul

Level 1

I have the preview tab and also have acrobat, but the distribute icon is not available. I have tried opening other files, including the template files to see if it had something to do with the content i had but still no joy...

Former Community Member

Have you tried opening the form in Acrobat and using distribute from there?

Paul

Level 1

Yeah- well i think i did!

i uploaded it to acrobat.com and sent it to another email address, but it says you can't save the details, only print and send them which defeats the object of it in the first place!

Is there another way of distributing it through LiveCycle or Acrobat- am i just going about this the wrong way!?!

thanks for your help

Graeme

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 07:34:14 -0600

To: graeme.coop@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: Distribution troubles...

Have you tried opening the form in Acrobat and using distribute from there?

Paul

>

Former Community Member

Open the form in Acrobat and under the Form menu there is a Distribute Forms option.

Paul

Level 1

Yup, all sorted! thanks for your help Paul.

Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:17:11 -0600

To: graeme.coop@hotmail.co.uk

Subject: Distribution troubles...

Open the form in Acrobat and under the Form menu there is a Distribute Forms option.

Paul

>