Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle 11 - Distribute Form button greyed out?

Level 1

So, I have been using an old version of Acrobat 8 Pro with Livecycle to edit PDF forms at work. That was on the old PC. Finally that will be dumped, and they've installed Livecycle 11 standalone on my new PC.

Problem is, in the old system I simply saved a PDF form in Livecycle, then loaded it up in Acrobat to 'Enable usage rights in Acrobat Reader' before saving again. Now that Livecycle is standalone the little 'how to' box tells me I must use this 'Distribute' feature to enable usage rights in Reader as I did before. Fine, so it tells me to:

1. Save form as a PDF file

Can do. No probs. Then...

2. In the toolbar, click the distribute button [button with envelope and arrow symbol, by default to the right of the print button]. The form closes in Designer, and the Acrobat Distribute Form assistant opens and guides you through the distribution process.

Sounds great. But unfortunately a step has been missed out of these instructions, because whether editing an old file, or making a new one from scratch, even a blank form or a form with a single text field on a single page to test, nothing I do will make that 'Distribute Form' button ungrey. It just stays greyed out constantly. No hint in the 'How to' box on why it may be greyed out, no mention that it can even grey out at all, and certainly no mention of how to ungrey it.

So, can someone please let me in to the trick of this? It was so simple before, this new and freshly infuriating method is certainly no improvement. If some kindly guru on here can let me know how to ungrey that one button I can actually get on with my work.

Any takers?

0 Replies