Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Distribute changes submit format

Level 2

Following on from a submission yesterday I now realise that when distributing (which I need to do so users can save pdf in Acrobat reader) some settings are overwritten by settings in Acrobat writer which is used for the distribution.

One of the settings that is overriding is the document submission format which is set as xml but after distribution ends up as submitting as a pdf.

Any thoughts how to fix this ?

Paul

3 Replies

Former Community Member

Because Acrobat only deals with PDF it will not distribute the file as XML .....that is why I suggest bypassing that and doing the distribution yourself.

paul

Level 2

OK, I hear what you are saying, but . . . .

The distribution function gives your end users the ability to save form data.

And why would Livecycle let you choose xml submisssion then use the "inbuilt" distribute function ?

Former Community Member

Yes ....it is recieving back the PDF, extracting the XML and making a spreadsheet.

The saving of the xml can be done on your form as well...without distribution.

As soon as you choose the distribution option all of the settings in your submit button are ignored and replaced by the distribution options.

Paul