Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Display Positive Symbol

Level 2

Is there a way to display the positive (plus) sign when a calculation result is positive?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Ok. After playing around for a bit I figured it out. I ended up with this script. It will change the numerical field background color based on a positive, negative or neutral value and it will also display the positive/negative sign. With your help radzmar I was able to finish this. Thanks.

var num1 = (xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.CurrentWeight[9]").rawValue) - (xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.PrevWeight[9]").rawValue)

if (num1 > 0)

{

this.fillColor = "252,194,194";

this.format.picture = "num{'+'zz9.zz} 'lbs.'";

}

else if (num1 < 0)

{

this.fillColor = "194,252,194";

this.format.picture = "num{zz9.zz} 'lbs.'";

}

else if (num1 == 0)

{

this.fillColor = "194,194,252";

}

this.rawValue = num1;

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

I don't think this is possible through Patterns. However, you can change it through scripting.

Note that you can't do it on a Numeric Field. It should be a Text Field instead.

nith

Level 10

You can use a script in the change event to switch between display patterns.

Level 2

This didn't work for me. I tried switching it to a text field and it still didn't work. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the values being calculated instead of user inputting data. Oh well. Not a huge deal, just curious.

Level 10

Sorry, missed the fact it's calculated.

Try this in the calculate event.

Level 2

Yes. It does the plus and I added the minus sign but it doesn't show the calculate value!! Just shows zero with a minus or positive symbol depending on value.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Ok. After playing around for a bit I figured it out. I ended up with this script. It will change the numerical field background color based on a positive, negative or neutral value and it will also display the positive/negative sign. With your help radzmar I was able to finish this. Thanks.

var num1 = (xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.CurrentWeight[9]").rawValue) - (xfa.resolveNode("form1.#subform.PrevWeight[9]").rawValue)

if (num1 > 0)

{

this.fillColor = "252,194,194";

this.format.picture = "num{'+'zz9.zz} 'lbs.'";

}

else if (num1 < 0)

{

this.fillColor = "194,252,194";

this.format.picture = "num{zz9.zz} 'lbs.'";

}

else if (num1 == 0)

{