Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Dictionary Keys must be direct name objects

Level 1

I need help!! I'm trying to insert a adobe file into an existing adobe file and its giving me a error message.  the message is DICTIONARY KEYS MUST BE DIRECT NAME OBJECTS.  What does this mean and what should I do??? Help!!!

4 Replies

Level 1
Level 1

I need help adding an adobe file to an adobe file.  Received message, dictionary key must be a direct name object.  How do you resolve this issue and what does it mean.

Employee

"Dictionary Keys must be direct name objects" is an error that indicates that you have messed up the content of your PDF. "Inserting a adobe file into an existing adobe file" what does that mean? Can you describe the use case and what you did in details, so that we can work with it?

Level 1
Level 1
what I mean is, I have a PDF file that I am trying to insert pages from another PDF in a certain order. Adding the PDF after page number 5 in the original PDF.

Employee
What tool are you using? How do you insert the other document? Programmatically or with some PDF Tool?