Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Deleting borders around text field

Level 2

I am creating a form in LiveCycle by importing an image and adding text fields to it. The text fields drop in with borders around them. How do I delete the borders? In the border window it says that borders are not allowed when working with an imported image.

22 Replies

Former Community Member

RE: original posting:  I am creating a form in LiveCycle by importing an image and adding text fields to it. The text fields drop in with borders around them. How do I delete the borders? In the border window it says that borders are not allowed when working with an imported image.

I had the same problem and found you can remove borders by doing this from within Adobe LiveCycle Designer, even if you did import images or began your form from an existing PDF...

1. Left click the text field.
  2. Right click to select Palettes, then Object
  3. Click on the Field Tab
  4. You will see "Appearance" as the 3rd field down.  It is a pull down box.  Change that from the default of Sunken Box to None (or you can use custom to set edges (borders) individually and also use background fill colors)
  5. Your borders will no longer print (but fields also won't show as well for users of the form, so you either need to set a very light backgound color that won't print to a laser, or be so inconspicuous it doesn't matter, or users need to understand to click into the form fields and just start typing)
  6. You can also set fields to be visible on screen only, or only at print time, etc. 

Note that if you set the Comb of (with number of characters to fill the space), the options above are not available, since it is creating a grid of firmly spaced letters.

Sue Salisbury, Maui Hawaii

Level 1

hlep me!

981042_pastedImage_0.pnghow to hide the line between 2 pictures