Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

Default Camera and the Publish Model

Former Community Member

Hey,

i log into a room with the room console.

Then i select "Default Camera" in the tab "Streams" and klick on "Configure".
Now i choose "Viewer (10)" as "Publish Model" and save with "OK".

When i click on "Configure" again the "Publish Model" is set to "Owner (100)".

Can you tell me whats possibly wrong?

What i want to achieve is, that visitors with role 10 can send their webcam.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi ,

Thanks for pointing this out. There was an UI bug on our side which would show Owner(100) when it should be Viewer(10) and vice versa as you pop the config dialog for audio/camera.

That is why you will see if you switch from either Owner(100) to Publisher(50) or Viewer(10) to Publisher(50), the UI works fine.

The Good News is that, it was only a UI display bug i.e. if you select either access or publish model to a value , let's say owner, the role will be actually set to the owner. Only when you open the dialog again the display will be wrong.

I have fixed it and there will be an SDK update very soon and will be fixed in that. Till then , you can just ignore the UI issue.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi ,

Thanks for pointing this out. There was an UI bug on our side which would show Owner(100) when it should be Viewer(10) and vice versa as you pop the config dialog for audio/camera.

That is why you will see if you switch from either Owner(100) to Publisher(50) or Viewer(10) to Publisher(50), the UI works fine.

The Good News is that, it was only a UI display bug i.e. if you select either access or publish model to a value , let's say owner, the role will be actually set to the owner. Only when you open the dialog again the display will be wrong.

I have fixed it and there will be an SDK update very soon and will be fixed in that. Till then , you can just ignore the UI issue.

Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards

Hironmay Basu

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----