Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Custom Dialog with msgBox Icon?

Level 10

Hi everyone,

I've been trying for long time to include the Icons of a messageBox within a dialog... with no success all I can do is print screen the icon and include it as an image but it does not have the same definition as the icon itself...

I just tried inserting an item type : icon within the dialog box and it seems to insert a blank space... so probably it possible to do it but I can't seem to figure out how to access those Icon. Is there anyone that would know how to do so?

3 Replies

Level 10

The built-in methods xfa.host.messageBox() or app.alert() have only 4 icons available you can select by using the corresponding parameters. If you want your own icons you'll have to design a modal dialog yourself.

Here's an editor, that helps you to do this.

Adobe LiveCycle Designer Cookbooks by BR001: Using app.execDialog() in an Adobe Designer Form

Level 10

Hi there,

thanks for taking your time to answer, but unfortunately I don't want to have my own icons. I would like to use any of these 4 icons within a modal dialog. The only reason why I want to do so, is because I want to change the yes/no buttons of a message box to french (oui/non) and to do so I need to create a modal dialog, but instead of using my own icons I'd like to use the same icons as in a message box or alert box

Level 10

If I understand you correctly, you're creating a custom dialog beacuse of the captions of the Yes/No Buttons but want to use the default icons of the messageBox, right?! I this case the only way seems to use custom images in the dialog. You can find those icons in Windows's imageres.dll. Use 7-Zip to unzip its ICON folder. The *.ico files can be opened with Paint etc. to be converted into image files.