Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating Flex Form/App for Workspace

Former Community Member

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a Flex App instead of a Form Guide to run as a form in the Workspace ES2.

I have the Flex form that was working on ES Update 1 where I have this following code snippet in my Flex app:

<lc:FormConnector id="connector"
        formInitialData="initialDataHandler(event)"
        formSaveDataRequest="formSaveDataHandler(event)"
        formSubmitDataRequest="formSubmitDataHandler(event)" /> .

I have rebuilt my Flex form using the latest ES SWC files (foundation-runtime.swc, procmgmt-api.swc and procmgmt-ui.swc from SDK directory) instead of its workspace-runtime.swc from ES Update 1.

I am unable to find any documentation with regards to creating Flex App for ES2 Workspace. And the sample Mortgage Loan application with Flex form only supplies the finished SWF file.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Kendy

3 Replies

Level 10

This is a sample Flex form I've built in ES2.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the response. I tried to build the MXML file you gave me, but after removing the references to the image folder, I managed to get a SWF file out of it. When testing it, I get this error on the browser:

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of getPollSyncMessageResponder in mx.messaging.channels.NetConnectionChannel.

at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()
    at mx.managers::SystemManager/deferredNextFrame()
    at mx.managers::SystemManager/preloader_initProgressHandler()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
    at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
    at mx.preloaders::Preloader/timerHandler()
    at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
    at flash.utils::Timer/tick()

I have the sample working version of your sample Flex form SWF file you gave on the MAX conference from a colleague, and it works fine.

So the answer would have to be the way the Flex project is setup.

I have setup my project build path to point to the SWC files from the ES2 SDK directory. Is there anything I miss?

Attached is the archive of my Flex project with that mxml file renamed to TestFlexES2.mxml and image tag reference removed.

Appreciate it.

Kendy

Former Community Member

It turns out that I almost had the right SWC libraries for my Flex App except for the Flex SDK.

Once I switch to use the Flex SDK shipped with the ES2 installation (i.e. 3.4.1), it is rendered fine now.

Previous version of ES Update1 uses Flex SDK 3.0.1.