Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Consolidating Whitespace

Level 3

Hi guys

I have a form with a number of checkboxes, and I am only including the entries that are checked in the final printout.

While I can control whether or not they display when printed, I'm wondering if there is a way to eliminate the space created from

the entries that are not included.

I'd also be curious if it is possible to consolidate the excess space created by a text field.

The form has several large text fields, and the text entered into them may be minimal.

I'm wondering if it is possible to have the text field shrink to the size of the users' entry.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can expand the Textfield either in Horizontal, Vertical or both.. See a checkbox on the layout pallete to enable thi option..

And for subform, read the documentation avaiable with the LiveCycle desginer ES.

Nith

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

For checkboxes, you use horizontally flowed subform to place your controls.. and make your unwanted fields hidden instead of invisible.

For textfields, its difficult to shrink the width rather you could expand the width based on the value extered.. this case you could make the width to the minimum level and enabling the 'Expand to fit' option from 'Layout' pallete might solve your problem..

If unclear, pls post your form so that i could have a look at it.

Nith

Level 3

Thank you for the helpful suggestions.

As it stands I have areas with large text fields, but as I have mentioned, little may actually be entered into them.

I would like the text boxes to shrink VERTICALLY more so than anything else.

Is it possible/advisable to start with a small text field that can expand to accomodate however much text the user enters?

p.s. Where can I get a straightforward introduction to subforms? At present I know little/nothing of them.

Thank you

Correct answer by
Level 10

You can expand the Textfield either in Horizontal, Vertical or both.. See a checkbox on the layout pallete to enable thi option..

And for subform, read the documentation avaiable with the LiveCycle desginer ES.

Nith