Expand my Community achievements bar.

[com.adobe.idp.dsc.workmanager.workload.policy.WorkPolicyEvaluationBackgroundTask] (BackGroundPolicy

Former Community Member

HI All,

We are experiencing below error  in linux environment:

2013-09-11 00:37:52,118 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.workmanager.workload.policy.WorkPolicyEvaluationBackgroundTask] (BackGroundPolicyCalculator) Exception thrown in background thread. Cause: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

2013-09-11 00:37:52,118 ERROR [STDERR] (BackGroundPolicyCalculator) java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

2013-09-11 00:38:34,097 WARN  [com.adobe.idp.dsc.workmanager.workload.policy.WorkPolicyEvaluationBackgroundTask] (BackGroundPolicyCalculator) Exception thrown in background thread. Cause: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Please suggest what could be the reasons.

Environment details:

Linux xxxxxxx 2.6.32-131.0.15.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue May 10 15:42:40 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

3 Replies

Level 3

This error normally occurs when ther is no free heap size available in JVM.

Please check the heap arguments. For better functioning of LC server, keep heap size to atleast 3 GB i.e -Xms1024m -Xmx3072m

Regards,

Varun

Former Community Member

Hi vNohria,

we have considerable heap size allocated

Below are the JVM arguments.

-Xms6g -Xmx6g

I have try to done profiling and attached images.

Please go through that and let me suggst, what is the root cause of the memory leak.

MemoryLeak.png

MemoryAnalyzer.PNG

MemoryAnalyser.PNG

Level 3

Please explain the kind of operation you are performing on LC server when you are getting such exception in the server log.

Also mention the version of LC and application server used.

Regards,

Varun