Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

collaboration service endpoint?

Level 1

Hi,

is there any way to use Adobe collaboration services with non-Adobe applications? For example with Silverlight?

Probably I need some web service endpoint first. Did anybody try it?

Thanks.

3 Replies

Level 2

While I can't speak for the LCCS team, I suspect that you can't use it with technologies that don't support AMF or the FLV format. Even if you can find a library to support both, you still have to reverse engineer all the client side code that adobe has so graciously provided.

Having said that, you can get 95% of LCCS's functionality (and a few extra features) by using an XMPP server. You just have to figure out what to do about video.

Level 1

Thank you for the answer, but could you tell me where is the WSDL or endpoint for the web services?

Employee

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand what you are trying to do.

The core of LCCS is real time communication between Flash clients using Flash-only network protocols (rtmp, etc.) so if you are trying to build a set of Silverlight applications that communicate in real time this may be the wrong component for you.

But if you want to write Flash applications that uses LCCS as the backbone and also interact with an application server written using .NET we also provide some server-side APIs that you can leverage for account management and in the next version of the SDK we'll include the .NET interfaces.