Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Clear Signature

Former Community Member

Got a question about the "Clear Signature":

suppose I have a stand-alone (a pdf file, not in the WorkSpace) PDF form with 2 Signature fields,

each Signature locks a few fields on the form,

user A signs his Signature, gives the PDF file to user B, and user B signs it also, then returns the file back to A.

now, A right-clicks on the Signature and selects the "Clear Signature", and all his fields are unlocked,

then A makes some changes to his fields, and signs it again.

so, now the form has some new data, with an old Signature signed by B.

that's a problem, because B might not agree with the new data.

How to prevent this from happening?

i.e. is there a way to prevent A from altering the form after B has signed it?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I tested the following, it may address your situation.

I added the User A signature field to the User B field collection.  This means that when the second user signs, it locks the first signers signature field.  This DOES NOT prevent the first signer (User A) from clearing his\her signature, but it does prevent User A form being able to re-sign the signature field.

I have attached a very simple sample.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

I tested the following, it may address your situation.

I added the User A signature field to the User B field collection.  This means that when the second user signs, it locks the first signers signature field.  This DOES NOT prevent the first signer (User A) from clearing his\her signature, but it does prevent User A form being able to re-sign the signature field.

I have attached a very simple sample.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Steve

Former Community Member

thanks. 

I tried that yessterday and it didn't work, that's why I asked.

But I just tried it again and it's working now...  I must have done something unknowingly wrong yesterday.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----