Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Choose File>Form Data>Create Spreadsheet - where is this dialogue?

Former Community Member

This is the dialogue I need to use my pdf to generate the spreadsheet so i can add returned forms. However, nowhere can I find;

Choose File>Form Data>Create Spreadsheet from Data Files

This is found in the quick start tutorials in the section entitled "Collecting the data in a spreadsheet" - section number 2

How the heck do I either a) Find it

b) Set up my Adobe software to show it

or                             c) Create the right file that "encourages" this option to be seen when I open Acrobat (Pro 9).

I am mightily confused and, having looked around the internet, am not alone in this.

Many thanks for any help you can offer folks.

Kevin Palmer

4 Replies

Former Community Member

In Acrobat 9 it is under Forms/Manage Form Data/Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you so much Paul. I have been trying all day to locate the method by which I could create a spreadsheet using the pdf submit route. I suppose the tutorial in CS4 should have been changed to reflect the changed explanations, but I guess that would be difficult to do. Anyway it worked and I can now do the analysis I need from my customers (lots of pupils!).

Best wishes,

Kevin Palmer

Level 2

I have 44 .xml files from an ES form created for 7.0.5 compatability. When I try to "Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet" in Acrobat 8 pro, I get a single Excel spreadsheet with 44 rows, all with the .xml file names in column A, but no other data that I can find. The comment in each .xml file says to use Acrobat 7 pro. Can this be true?

Level 2

FYI. Apparently it's true. I found a user with Acrobat 7 and it read the .xml files for us and created a perfect .csv file. The lesson learned is if you are using Designer ES to create forms that are compatable with Reader 7.0.5, you must use Acrobat 7 to compile xml data.