Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Choose File>Form Data>Create Spreadsheet - where is this dialogue?

Former Community Member

This is the dialogue I need to use my pdf to generate the spreadsheet so i can add returned forms. However, nowhere can I find;

Choose File>Form Data>Create Spreadsheet from Data Files

This is found in the quick start tutorials in the section entitled "Collecting the data in a spreadsheet" - section number 2

How the heck do I either a) Find it

b) Set up my Adobe software to show it

or                             c) Create the right file that "encourages" this option to be seen when I open Acrobat (Pro 9).

I am mightily confused and, having looked around the internet, am not alone in this.

Many thanks for any help you can offer folks.

Kevin Palmer

4 Replies

Former Community Member

In Acrobat 9 it is under Forms/Manage Form Data/Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet

Paul

Former Community Member

Thank you so much Paul. I have been trying all day to locate the method by which I could create a spreadsheet using the pdf submit route. I suppose the tutorial in CS4 should have been changed to reflect the changed explanations, but I guess that would be difficult to do. Anyway it worked and I can now do the analysis I need from my customers (lots of pupils!).

Best wishes,

Kevin Palmer

Level 2

I have 44 .xml files from an ES form created for 7.0.5 compatability. When I try to "Merge Data Files into Spreadsheet" in Acrobat 8 pro, I get a single Excel spreadsheet with 44 rows, all with the .xml file names in column A, but no other data that I can find. The comment in each .xml file says to use Acrobat 7 pro. Can this be true?

Level 2

FYI. Apparently it's true. I found a user with Acrobat 7 and it read the .xml files for us and created a perfect .csv file. The lesson learned is if you are using Designer ES to create forms that are compatable with Reader 7.0.5, you must use Acrobat 7 to compile xml data.