Expand my Community achievements bar.

Checkbox problem

Level 4

Hi All

I have a subform with multiple checkboxes.  When a user checks one of the boxes I want some text of my choice to appear in another subform.  I have managed to achieve this with one checkbox but the problem I have is when two or more check boxes are ticked.  I want the text chosen from CheckBox 1 to appear followed by text from CheckBox2. When the boxes are unchecked the text would disappear.

Would using a listbox be better?  If so how do I get it to populate it with text when a checkbox is ticked?

Any help or a better solution would be much appreciated.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

The attached uses check boxes to drive the appearance of text fields and plain text in a second sub-form. I am not sure which one you are after.

Untitled.png

Steve

Level 4

Hi Steve

This is not quite what I am after.  If I tick say the first two checkboxes I would like some text for example "test1", "test2" to dynamically appear within a single text field or drop down list that could then be printed out. If the user unticked the box the coressponding text in the text field would then disappear. Is this possible at all?  Would it be more sensible to create a dynamic form that would show / hide text fields based on checkbox responses as I may have around ten checkboxes for a user to tick.

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

Darren

Former Community Member

I am not sure if this is closer.

It has check boxes and radio buttons to populate a text field and a drop-down. The radio buttons clear the drop-down before adding text while the check boxes just keep adding text to the drop-down. I am not sure what you are after.

Steve

Level 4

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your help with this one.  I have managed to get my form working by using a drop down lists and listboxes.  Each time the drop down is accessed the lists are cleared from the list box.  If the raw value of the drop down is greater than 0 then it will add an item to the listbox referencing the value in the drop down list.

Thanks for your help and support to help me resolve this one.

Best wishes

Darren