Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Chat Room Switch ok, cannot chat. Maybe a sync issue?

Level 2

Take a look, when I fire this function, the room switches but I cannot hit "Send" to send the text to the chat system.

private function clickHandler(event:ItemClickEvent):void

{

cSession.logout();

cSession.roomURL = "http://connectnow.acrobat.com/t4uri4n/" + event.item.data;

cSession.login();

}

I've also tried ChatArea.subscribe(); and have had no luck.

Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

No, you don't need to keep logging in as admin once you have set up the chat in the room. You need to do it only once, which you can do in other ways too.

Users can come and keep chatting in the room at their convenience provided you have not stopped users from coming into your room. And the rooms remain always.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Former Community Member

Could you paste your console output for the entire sequence (1st login,

logout, re-login)? We'll take a look-see.

thanks

nigel

Level 2

It throws this error when I try to run the function above:

Error: Error - insufficient permissions to create a new CollectionNode. You must be an OWNER of the room to add new multi-user features to it. Log in with developer credentials in order to do so.

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::subscribeCollection()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\manager\MessageManager.as:197]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/subscribe()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedModel\CollectionNode.as:327]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/onReconnect()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedModel\CollectionNode.as:708]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at com.adobe.rtc.session.sessionClasses::SessionContainerProxy/onConnectSessionEvent()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\sessionClasses\SessionContainerProxy.as:269]

at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()[C:\autobuild\3.2.0\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:9298]

at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSessionContainer/onSynchronizationChange()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\ConnectSessionContainer.as:325]

at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSession/checkManagerSync()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\ConnectSession.as:510]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/userReceivedOrEdited()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedManagers\UserManager.as:1336]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/onItemReceive()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedManagers\UserManager.as:1159]

at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\sharedModel\CollectionNode.as:760]

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\messaging\manager\MessageManager.as:701]

at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItem()[C:\Users\Taurian\Documents\AmbientStream\AmbientInteractions\src\com\adobe\rtc\session\managers\SessionManagerBase.as:339]

Former Community Member

Hi,

Can you paste a small test code that reproduces this issue? You may be either trying to access something that doesn’t have permission to do so or maybe having some synchronization problem. A sample code will help us debug and give the right approach.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

I'm using the exact sample code from the LCCS SDK. I've only added a few buttons and a extra variable to hold the username.

Former Community Member

Hi,

I tried to run your code with some minor modification. The reason you are getting insufficient permission is because you are trying to enter into a room with a chat called modAmbientChat4 that has not been created yet and you are trying to access that with a non-owner permission. You need to first create the Chat either entering as a Owner/ the room console or from an existing room template and then non-owner can enter.

Once you do that , you can start running the app. I could get in smoothly. I am attaching the slightly modified files I used. In my case, the AmbientChat is just a extension of SimpleChat. One last thing, you should keep the connectsession and authenticator separate and use them inside your components.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Level 2

Ok so I logged in through the chat using my dev credentials. My question is, how long do the chat rooms stay open? Will I ever need to login as the Admin to keep the room open again?

Thanks,

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Hi,

No, you don't need to keep logging in as admin once you have set up the chat in the room. You need to do it only once, which you can do in other ways too.

Users can come and keep chatting in the room at their convenience provided you have not stopped users from coming into your room. And the rooms remain always.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hironmay Basu

Former Community Member

Hello,

I have the same problem even i create room by room consol but give this error

Error: Error - insufficient permissions to create a new CollectionNode. You must be an OWNER of the room to add new multi-user features to it. Log in with developer credentials in order to do so.
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::subscribeCollection()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/messaging/manager/MessageManager.as:214]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/subscribe()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedModel/CollectionNode.as:344]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::SimpleChatModel/subscribe()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedModel/SimpleChatModel.as:247]
    at com.adobe.rtc.pods::SimpleChat/subscribe()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/pods/SimpleChat.as:452]
    at com.adobe.rtc.pods::SimpleChat/createChildren()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/pods/SimpleChat.as:511]
    at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7349]
    at com.adobe.rtc.pods::SimpleChat/initialize()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/pods/SimpleChat.as:232]
    at mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7241]
    at mx.core::Container/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:3972]
    at mx.core::Container/addChildAt()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:2616]
    at mx.core::Container/addChild()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:2534]
    at mx.core::Container/createComponentFromDescriptor()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:4392]
    at mx.core::Container/createComponentsFromDescriptors()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:4181]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSessionContainer/buildChild()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/ConnectSessionContainer.as:325]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSessionContainer/onSynchronizationChange()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/ConnectSessionContainer.as:365]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSession/checkManagerSync()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/ConnectSession.as:562]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::RoomManager/onSynchronizationChange()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedManagers/RoomManager.as:1392]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::setIsSynchronized()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedModel/CollectionNode.as:700]
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/receiveAllSynchData()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/messaging/manager/MessageManager.as:851]
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItems()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/messaging/manager/MessageManager.as:596]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItems()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomo/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/managers/SessionManagerBase.as:455]

could you help me to solve it.

thnks

Former Community Member

Please watch the videotutorials in the SDK navigator app.

thanks

nigel

Former Community Member

In real i watch videotutorials in the SDK many times and i do the same steps but stay problem without change,

That always have error i dont know where the wrong i believe i do all steps right like in videotutorials in the SDK so

if any one can help will be too nice i really need to solve this problem.

Thanks, waiting answer.

here is the error:

at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::subscribeCollection()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/messaging/manager/MessageManager.as:214]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/subscribe()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedModel/CollectionNode.as:344]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::SimpleChatModel/subscribe()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedModel/SimpleChatModel.as:247]
    at com.adobe.rtc.pods::SimpleChat/subscribe()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/pods/SimpleChat.as:452]
    at com.adobe.rtc.pods::SimpleChat/createChildren()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/pods/SimpleChat.as:511]
    at mx.core::UIComponent/initialize()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7349]
    at com.adobe.rtc.pods::SimpleChat/initialize()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/pods/SimpleChat.as:232]
    at mx.core::UIComponent/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\UIComponent.as:7241]
    at mx.core::Container/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::childAdded()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:3972]
    at mx.core::Container/addChildAt()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:2616]
    at mx.core::Container/addChild()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:2534]
    at mx.core::Container/createComponentFromDescriptor()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:4392]
    at mx.core::Container/createComponentsFromDescriptors()[E:\dev\4.x\frameworks\projects\framework\src\mx\core\Container.as:4181]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSessionContainer/buildChild()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/ConnectSessionContainer.as:325]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSessionContainer/onSynchronizationChange()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/ConnectSessionContainer.as:365]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session::ConnectSession/checkManagerSync()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/ConnectSession.as:570]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/userReceivedOrEdited()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedManagers/UserManager.as:1397]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedManagers::UserManager/onItemReceive()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedManagers/UserManager.as:1216]
    at com.adobe.rtc.sharedModel::CollectionNode/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/sharedModel/CollectionNode.as:777]
    at com.adobe.rtc.messaging.manager::MessageManager/http://www.adobe.com/2006/connect/cocomo/messaging/internal::receiveItem()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/messaging/manager/MessageManager.as:718]
    at com.adobe.rtc.session.managers::SessionManagerBase/receiveItem()[/Users/arun/Work/aponnusa_theoden.corp.adobe.com_1666/depot/branches/connect/1010/cocomoPlayer10/src/com/adobe/rtc/session/managers/SessionManagerBase.as:413]

Former Community Member

What does the "Managing Roles and Permissions" videotutorial say about this

specific error?

nigel

Former Community Member

Hello,

i follow the  videotutorial and i do the same steps but still give me the same error also have other thing applcation that i use when i run the code in flsh bulider

loading in firefox normal but the problem after i typing username and press enter applcation not open more just typing down in firefox "download data from connectnow.acrobat.com" after typing "Done" without open chat applcation i dont know why here is the code please could you check may have wrong i don`t see.

thanks, waiting answer

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<s:Application xmlns:fx="http://ns.adobe.com/mxml/2009"
               xmlns:s="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/spark"
               xmlns:mx="library://ns.adobe.com/flex/mx" minWidth="500" minHeight="500" xmlns:rtc="http://ns.adobe.com/rtc" width="638" height="578" backgroundColor="#586060">
    <fx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
            import mx.events.FlexEvent;

protected function txtUsername_enterHandler(event:FlexEvent):void
            {
                // TODO Auto-generated method stub
                connectRoom.login();
                labelUsername.visible = false;
                txtUsername.visible = false;
            }

protected function btnZoomScreen_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void
            {
                // move screenShare
                if(btnZoomScreen.label == "zoom in"){
                    moveEffect.targets = [scrShare,labelScreen];
                    moveEffect.xTo = 10;
                    moveEffect.yTo = 10;
                    moveEffect.play();

resizeEffect.target = scrShare;
                    resizeEffect.widthTo = 520;
                    resizeEffect.heightTo = 479;
                    resizeEffect.play();

btnZoomScreen.label = "zoom out";

btnZoomScreen.y = 5;
                }else{
                    moveEffect.targets = [scrShare,labelScreen];
                    moveEffect.xTo = 294;
                    moveEffect.yTo = 296;
                    moveEffect.play();

resizeEffect.target = scrShare;
                    resizeEffect.widthTo = 250;
                    resizeEffect.heightTo = 293;
                    resizeEffect.play();

btnZoomScreen.label = "zoom in";

btnZoomScreen.y = 296;
                }

}

]]>
    </fx:Script>
    <fx:Declarations>
        <s:Move duration="500" id="moveEffect"/>
        <s:Resize duration="500" id="resizeEffect"/>
    </fx:Declarations>

<rtc:ConnectSessionContainer horizontalScrollPolicy="off" verticalScrollPolicy="off" id="connectRoom" autoLogin="false"
                                 roomURL="http://connectnow.acrobat.com/jannaali/mymeeting"
                                 x="0" y="55" width="550" height="550">
        <rtc:authenticator>
            <rtc:AdobeHSAuthenticator userName="{txtUsername.text}"/>
        </rtc:authenticator>
        <rtc:SimpleChat  x="10" y="10"  width="274" height="479"/>
        <rtc:WebcamSubscriber x="292" y="23" displayUserBars="true"  width="250" height="250"/>
        <s:Label x="292" y="10" text="My webcam" fontFamily="Verdana" fontSize="9" color="#CECECE"/>
        <rtc:ScreenShareSubscriber id="scrShare" width="250" height="193" x="294" y="296"/>

<s:Label id="labelScreen" x="295" y="285" text="My screen" fontFamily="Verdana" fontSize="9" color="#CECECE"/>
        <mx:LinkButton x="474" y="296" label="zoom in" fontFamily="Verdana" color="#93B864" id="btnZoomScreen" click="btnZoomScreen_clickHandler(event)"/>
        <rtc:AudioSubscriber x="51" y="438" height="10" width="21"/>
    </rtc:ConnectSessionContainer>
    <s:Label id="labelUsername" x="165" y="191" text="Enter a username and press Enter:" color="#D8D8D8"/>
    <s:TextInput x="165" y="205" width="221" textAlign="center" id="txtUsername" enter="txtUsername_enterHandler(event)"/>
</s:Application>

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----