Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Changing X coordinate appears not to work

Level 1

I have a text field directly on a master page (there is a good reason for this) and I want to change it's X coordinate using Javascript code like this:

// directly call the "x" attribute

this.x = "200mm";

//  use a method call to change it

this.setAttribute ("200mm", "x");

I tried using events like initilalize, calculate, form:ready, form:layout, but the field won't move.

What is strange is that changing the field width works, using similar code:

// directly call the "w" attribute

this.w = "200mm";

//  use a method call to change it

this.setAttribute ("200mm", "w");

What am I missing? After some googling it appears these two fields ("x" for X coordinate and "w" for width) are pretty much alike.

I would be happy if someone could tell me if this works for him/her. At least I would now I haven't reached a dead end.

I'm using Lifecycle ES2 by the way.

4 Replies

Level 7

Did you save the form as a Static or Dynamic PDF? Static PDFs likely won't allow objects to be moved with code.

Level 1

Yes, according to this Adobe page, form should be saved as dynamic: LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2.

But width parameter w is in the same category and it works.

Where do I change this setting? There is one such setting for previewing the form (preview as either static or dynamic), which doesn't cause any improvement by the way.

Level 7

You change the from Static to Dynamic or vice versa via the Save As dialog

664820_pastedImage_0.png

Level 1

I hope this helps answer your question. I have a Subform that has a XAnchor of 0 and a YAnchor of 2. I have a button on that subform that I want to move from the current position to x coordinate of 4.0in and a y coordinate of 5.4in on the click event of another button. So at first I thought I would enter the below JavaScript on the click event of my button.

Button.x = "4in";

Button.y = "5.4in";

But that is not the case, I couldn't find it, that's because when I did that it moved it comparatively to the x and y anchors of the subform my button was on. So the x was at 4in(which was accurate) but my y was at 7.4 because the subform is anchored at 2(it didn't appear to me because my page is only 7in height). So what I had to do was change the JavaScript to say the below and it put it perfect where I wanted it.

Button.x = "4in";

Button.y = "3.4in";