Expand my Community achievements bar.

Change Checkbox mark Default

Level 2

I have to make a form compatible from 7 and later.

I am currently using check marks.  looks like only the default is supported (solid circles for cirlce boxes and cross for square boxes).

Can I change the default if the reader version of the user is 8 and later to check marks?

Also, for some reason the Description of the Warning says "Target version does not support check mark shapes for the current file type."  even if I have it as circle, square, diamond, etc. (other than default)

7 Replies

Former Community Member

The ability to control the checkmark char was added to XFA forms in version 8 I think. Native Acrobat could do it in a version earlier than version 8 (I do not know specifically which one). So you could solve your problem by accessing the checkbox properties on the Acrobat side instead of the XFA side. It involves adding a 2 lines of code in the initialize event of the checkbox:

var f = event.target.getField("form1[0].Page1[0].CheckBox1[0]");

f.style = style.di;

Assuming that the hierarchy of the form is form1.Page1.CheckBox1

The style can be set to one of the following:

style.ch checkmark

style.cr cross

style.di diamond

style.ci circle

style.st star

style.sq square

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Does this have to be done to each checkbox?

My major problem is the following.  We developed this to be 8.0 or later.. but had to change it to 7.0.5 or later..

Our user use 7.0.0.. what is the difference between 7.0.5 and 7.0.0? because my only other option is to 6.0.2 or later and that make the form features not work properly.

It seems to work properly in 7.0.0 but there is a message on load that tells them they need a newer version..

Can I get rid of the message?

Former Community Member

Yes it would have to be done to each checkbox.

In th eForm Properties/Default you can choose a target version for your forms. If you choose version 8 and you load it in version 7 then that message will appear. Change the target version to 7 and you should no longer get the message.

Paul

Level 2

In the dropdown list of target version they have "7.0.5 or later".. not 7.0.0.. the next one down is "6.0.2 and later"

seems like 6.0.2 is significantly different... for instance Exclusion groups do not have initialize, enter, exit, .. events supported in 6.0.2..

Is there a way to get rid of the prompt?  how about a way to know what is support in 7.0.0 rather than only 7.0.5?

Former Community Member

The only way to get rid of the prompt is to choose a target verion <= the version the user is using. Try 6.0.2 and ignore the warnings and see if it works ...if not then you will have no choice but to use 7.0.5.

Paul

Level 2

thanks, Is there a way to know if 7.0.0 supports Exclusion Group having Initialize, exit, etc. events?

Former Community Member

Not without loading that version of Designer and seeing if it is there. Unless you know of a place to get the 7.0 docs without loading it.

Paul