Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Cannot import XSD - too many resolved schema nodes?

Level 2

Hi there

I am trying to import a xsd into my pdf to be used to bind data too. When I try to add the data connection atfer selecting my root node I get the following error message "The schema described by the selected root element cannot be read as the number of resolved schema nodes exceed the supported limit"

Is there anyway I can import the schema without changing the schema, is there an option to increase the supported limit?

Thanks

Dylan

1 Reply

Level 10

There is a limit of 100,000 nodes. This is done for memory considerations in your machine. The limitation is a resolved node count not a direct 1 to 1 node in your schema.  For example if the schema references an element X and that is referenced 100 times then we create 100 nodes not just 1. So a simple schema can have many many resolved nodes. There is a registry setting that will allow to increase this number but you have to understand that the performance of the dataview will suffer greatly and you will need a machine with lots of memory. Send an email to LiveCycle8@gmail.com if you want to pursue this avenue.

Paul