Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can you find what is creating a border in this code?

Level 3

The very first form I created in LiveCycle Designer has a "check form" button with code to check mandatory fields. If the fields aren't completed, a message box appears and the field is highlighted in red. Once the field is completed and the user clicks the check form button again, the red highlighting disappears.

I've just noticed that on the first mandatory field (which is actually a radio button list), after the user completes it and clicks the check form button again, it puts a border around the list. It's so not a big deal, it's just kind of bugging me and I can't figure out how to change the code.

Can you see what is putting in a border? Please keep in mind this was my first form and consequently I have way more "layers" to my objects than I know now that I need -- but at the time it was the only way I could figure out to get the layout to work.

Thanks!

form1.Endofformbuttons.endofformrow1.checkform::click - (JavaScript, client)

if (form1.pageonesubform.Toppageone.firstsubform.agencyuseonlytable.Row3.typeofrequest.typeofrequestlist.isNull)

{

form1.pageonesubform.Toppageone.firstsubform.agencyuseonlytable.Row3.typeofrequest.typeofrequestlist.border.fill.color.value = "255,0,0";

xfa.host.messageBox("Type of request is not checked. Please scroll up and complete fields highlighted in red, then recheck form.");

}

else

{ form1.pageonesubform.Toppageone.firstsubform.agencyuseonlytable.Row3.typeofrequest.typeofrequestlist.border.fill.color.value = "255,255,255";  }

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

I finally figured it out.

OBJECTNAME.border.getElement("edge",0).presence = "invisible"; //top border is hidden

2 bottom border

1 right border

3 left border

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

the only code you have above is to set the borders to red when the list is null and white when an option is selected... if there's a border around your list it might be the list's parent (subform) or anything else... you might want to try to hide the border instead of changing it to white.. maybe then you will see where that border's from.

Hope this help

Level 10

Hi,  Sounds similar to the situation in the blog by Stefan Cameron http://forms.stefcameron.com/2007/03/24/where-did-that-border-come-from/, Regards Bruce

Level 3

BR001 has the right answer - thanks Bruce. I remember seeing that blog post when I was designing this form and looking for something else.

I got the borders to be hidden, but then it hid the left side border as well -- I wanted that one to remain visible. I messed around with it, but I can't get the code right to hide the top, bottom, right and display left, so I'm just going to leave it alone. No one cares except me that the border appears.

I've tried adding a left side border to basically all the parent options, and the "hidden" command still hides the left side for that area in that instance.

Thanks again.

Correct answer by
Level 3

I finally figured it out.

OBJECTNAME.border.getElement("edge",0).presence = "invisible"; //top border is hidden

2 bottom border

1 right border

3 left border