Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

Can't reader extend with a 256-bit encrypted form

Level 2

I'm using Licycle Server 8.2 and a form built in Designer 9.0, design protected with 256 bit encryption.  When I go to reader extend the file, I am prompted to enter the correct password, I do, but it doesnt unlock.  I am then pompted over and over again to enter the password (see screen shot).

Do I have to upgrade the server to 9 in order to reader extend a 256 bit encrypted form?

Please someone help

encrypttest.png

1 Reply

Level 1

I got the same issue as chanchac. I use Acrobat Pro XI to do the encrypt the form with compatibility as "Acrobat X and later" which leads to a 256-bit AES encryption.

And then I use LiveCycle ES3 Server 10.0 to do the reader extension. But I got the same message "Please enter a password that will unlock these documents or choose skip."

I know this issue would not happen if I choose the compatibility as "Acrobat 7.0 and later" (128-bit AES encryption). But my company decided to support Acrobat X and later only.

Please help to provide some solutions or alternatives... Thanks.

Many appreciate if anyone can help!