Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't get add blind copy address to submit button

Level 2

I am not a coder so studied this page for how to add a bcc to the form's submit button:

http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/modifying-livecycle-designer-form-submit-button

I added the bcc only (not the rest of the code -- that was generated in Livecycle) below (see red text) as per the information provided in the above link.

<event activity="click">
               <submit format="xml" target="mailto:louise.bachman@ucr.edu?subject=Final CONACYT Narrative Report&bcc=andrea.kaus@ucr.edu" textEncoding="UTF-8"/>
            </event>

It's not working. I actually need to add two bcc addresses. A disclaimer: The first address: mailto:louise.bachman@ucr.edu, was generated in the design preview. That worked fine. I added the bcc code under the xml tab. However, again, not being a coder, if someone could please tell me how to properly add the bcc addresses.

Thank you.

2 Replies

Level 2

I've worked on this some more, but LiveCycle won't let me save the document. This is the code:

<event activity="click">
               <submit format="xml" target="mailto:david.kropf@ucr.edu?subject=Final CONACYT Narrative Report&bcc=andrea.kaus@ucr.edu&bcc=martha.ponce@ucr.edu" textEncoding="UTF-8"/>
            </event>

This is the error message I get:

Untitled-2.jpg

Former Community Member

There shoudl ony be one mailto command in the string and the addresses shoudl be separated by a comma. The string shoudl be like this:

<submit format="xml" target="mailto:david.kropf@ucr.edu?subject=Final CONACYT Narrative Report&bcc=andrea.kaus@ucr.edu,martha.ponce@ucr.edu" textEncoding="UTF-8"/>
            </event>

Hope that helps

Paul