Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can't enter text in a box?

Level 1

I have a government form that I created in LiveCycle and it automatically filled in the correct boxes with a text box.  In the design view mode the orange boxes exist but some boxes allow me to enter text and numbers and others will not.  I can't determine what is different from one box to the other.  I have deleted the boxes and started over, cutting and pasting from the boxes that work.  Help would be appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 9

Hi ,

I guess you have saved the form as static . Inorder to save the from as dynamic . Click on Save As then click on Adobe Dynamic XML forms.

Inorder to develop interactive forms you should also pre-view it in interactive format . Fot this click on File -> Form Properties - >Preview .Then Click on the preview type as interactive form and preview Adobe XML form as Dynamic XML form .Try this and let's see what happens.

Thanks.

Bibhu.

Level 10

You probably need to check the type of the field that was giving error. If your control's type is TextField then you can able to enter alpha numeric charaters. But if it is Numeric Field/ Decimal Field then you can not enter text in it.(you can check by going to Object Palette of the control)

Also check in the Value tab, the control is set to User Entered -Optional..

Thanks

Srini