Expand my Community achievements bar.

Can not view attachments created from watched folder?

Level 3

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with the watched folder files, they appear under the Attachment tab for the user, but with broken links, i.e. "The requested resource () is not available" error.

what I did is simply create a new process with watched folder start point, define a list-document variable as I/O and assign this variable to a user service?

all files are under the attachment tab but if I click on any file "Http 404 The requested resource () is not available" error appears, I noticed that the attachments are named with the full url, i.e d:\..\...\name.pdf.

any help

Hussam

3 Replies

Former Community Member

there was a bug for a similar type of problem when the form (not an attachment) was loaded from a document variable that came from disk and contained backslashes in the filename attribute of the doc.  the url generated for this document was invalid causing a 404.  Contact support and get the Process Management patch for your version.

Level 3

I'll contact the support  and let you know,

thanks

Level 3

Hi,

regarding to this issue, we found a workaround, that modifies the document attributes, by doing this step the attachment will be available and can be read

we used "setDocAttribute(/process_data/@docTemp, "wsfilename", getDocAttribute(/process_data/@docTemp,"basename") )" in some cases, and the following script in other cases:

import java.util.List;
String fileName;
String pathName;
String fileUrl;
com.adobe.idp.Document doc;
System.out.println("-----------------------------Get Docs------------------------");
List docList = patExecContext.getProcessDataListValue("/process_data/listOfDocs");
for (int i=0;i<docList.size();i++){
doc=docList.get(i);
doc.setAttribute("wsfilename",doc.getAttribute("basename"));
docList.set(i,doc);

}

patExecContext.setProcessDataListValue("/process_data/listOfAttachments",docList );
System.out.println("-----------------------------/Get Docs------------------------");

hope this will be helpful

Hussam