Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can a tab be removed in Adobe Livecycle Designer ES?

Level 3

I have a form and I want to remove a bunch of unseeded Tab stops and only have Tabs available for the fields that need to be filled in. For the life of me I can find no way to accomplish this? Am I missing something here?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

If you have Designer 8 you can ctrl + shift + click any field to remove it from the tab order. If you have Designer 9 try right clicking any field in the panel on the left (where the hierarchy shows up) and click Show Fields Only. As far as I know the only way to exclude a fillable field completely from the tab order in Designer 9 is to make it Protected in the Object pallette under the Value tab so that it gets skipped in the order.

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

If you have Designer 8 you can ctrl + shift + click any field to remove it from the tab order. If you have Designer 9 try right clicking any field in the panel on the left (where the hierarchy shows up) and click Show Fields Only. As far as I know the only way to exclude a fillable field completely from the tab order in Designer 9 is to make it Protected in the Object pallette under the Value tab so that it gets skipped in the order.

Level 3

The fields I want to skip are not fillable. There just text fields that need to be skipped as they just have some verbiage that needs to be read not interacted with in any way...

Level 7

My earlier post still stands, although if they're not fillable fields they shouldn't be part of the tab order anyway. Are you concerned they'll be picked up by a screen reader? If they're not fillable they should simply be skipped over in the tabbing.

Former Community Member

If they are not fillabe then why are they TextFields?

Paul

Level 3

No they are indeed inthe tab order for some reason. It's not a deal

breaker more of an ease of use point.

The difference between mediocrity and excellence is attention to

detail...

Level 3

There a text box not a field but they show in tab order.

The difference between mediocrity and excellence is attention to

detail...

Level 7

When you click on the objects they show up as Text or Text Field in the object tab next to Type:?

Level 7

Please post your form to acrobat.com and post the link here. Something is definitely strange here.

Level 7

I have just run across this problem with some forms we are developing. There definitely needs to be a way to exclude ANY part of the form from receiving a tab.

Only fields that take focus (buttons, TextFields, Radio Buttons, etc) should be in the tab order. The only way I have managed to set the correct tab order is to push all the unwanted fields to the bottom of the tab order, but this poses a problem when the user hits the end of the form.

Is there no way to exclude a field from receiving a tab in Designer 9?

Level 10

If you set a field to "protected" it won't show up in the tab order – accessed from the Value tab on the Object palette.

You can also use xfa.host.setFocus(fieldName); to explicitly force a jump to a particular field.

Level 5

I have a "Revision Date" in the footer on the master page that stays active in the tabbing order even when I set it to Protected in the Value tab.  I have tried setting the footer itself and everything else on the master page (except the main content area) to Protected, and the Revision Date field still shows up in the tabbing order.  Is there a way to script something to simply exclude the field from the tabbing order?  Thanks.